6 Things That Can Actually Treat Hair Loss
There is a lot of controversy out there when it comes to preventative measures for hair loss. If you turn on the TV or look in a magazine, there are a lot of products that will supposedly grow your hair. This can be extremely confusing for people as to which option is best.
To help clear things up on this topic, Altaire Clinic has broken it down to the 6 research-based approaches that work. However, even these have variable results. Aside from hair transplants, a multidimensional approach has proven to be most effective.
- Propecia (Finasteride): A prescription pill that can prevent hair loss by blocking the negative hair affect.
- Rogaine (Minoxidil): A topical application that is used to thicken the hair and slow down its shedding time.
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Injections: Stimulates and regulates replication (mitogenic effects) of growth factors to grow new hair.
- Laser: A red light is used to stimulate growth by reducing inflammation.
- Minoxidil/Latanoprost Solution/Foam: Newest compound using a mix of generic Rogaine and Latisse. Most are familiar with Latisse and its indication for eyelashes and eyebrows to darken, thicken, and lengthen the hair.
- Hair Transplants: Hair grafting has been the “gold standard” in scalp hair density correction via replacing testosterone sensitive hairs with insensitive hairs harvested typically from the back of head.
We would like to caution you on investing a lot of money in vitamin supplements like Biotin or Nioxin (to kill yeast) since there is little support in the research. While they will not harm you, they may not be worth the investment. Most people in the United States are not deficient enough in these vitamins to cause hair loss.
Altaire Clinic is here to help you achieve your desired results. As a provider-only clinic, each medical consult may include a combination of therapies. There are many varying types of hair loss, and we are here to help you determine the best treatment plan.
If you enjoyed this article, check out these other articles about Primary Care:
Men's Health - The PRP Male Shot
Important Reasons to Vaccinate Your Child
We encourage you to book a consultation, so one of our providers can personally discuss your needs and recommend the procedures best suited to your lifestyle. Contact us by phone or use the convenient form below so you can reach your ultimate health, wellness, & beauty goals.