So, what is it that’s driving men’s interest to see their doctors for treatments long considered not to be masculine? At a time of rapid changes within the global workplace, one thing is for sure. It is beneficial to look polished and fresh. We live in a society where physical appearance reflects on one’s competitive edge in the work place.
According to the Aesthetic Society for plastic surgery (ASAPS), the number of aesthetic treatments performed on men since 1997 has increased by 325%.
I have investigated the five most popular treatments for men:
- BOTOX®, Dysport™, Jeuveau™, and XEOMIN® (neuromodulators) to decrease deep frown lines or furrows. This treatment makes you look and feel more relaxed and in control.
- Laser treatments to eradicate broken blood vessels, even out pigmentation or sun-damage, and help the appearance of deep pores or acne scars.
- CoolSculpting® or SculpSure® for body contouring with permanent fat reduction. This allows for a more fit/lean appearance.
- Male testosterone pellets to restore the vitality of younger years. Many men will notice increase in concentration, increased energy, and lower anxiety levels with hormone optimization.
- P-Shot to restore genital circulation, nerves, size and stamina.