Hair loss is common among both men and women. For men, hair loss can begin as soon as their early 20s. Hormone changes and aging can cause minor to significant hair loss. Due to popular demand, research is constantly changing to bring you the best treatments available.
At Altaire Clinic, we have broken it down to the 7 research-based approaches that work. However, even these have variable results. Aside from hair transplants, a multidimensional approach has proven to be most effective.
- Propecia (Finasteride): A prescription pill that can prevent hair loss by blocking the negative hair affect.
- Rogaine (Minoxidil): A topical application that is used to thicken the hair and slow down its shedding time.
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Injections: Stimulates and regulates replication (mitogenic effects) of growth factors to grow new hair.
- Laser: A red light is used to stimulate growth by reducing inflammation.
- Minoxidil/Latanoprost Solution/Foam: Newest compound using a mix of generic Rogaine and Latisse. Most are familiar with Latisse and its indication for eyelashes and eyebrows to darken, thicken, and lengthen the hair.
- Hair Transplants (not available at Altaire): Hair grafting has been the “gold standard” in scalp hair density correction via replacing testosterone sensitive hairs with insensitive hairs harvested typically from the back of head.
- Decellularized Growth Factors and Cytokines: This is the newest to market and is considered investigational. EV-PURE is a decellularized product consisting of nano-sized micropods containing growth factors, cytokines and nucleic acids secreted from the membranes of placental derived Medicinal Signaling Cells. The natural components in this product support healthy cell-cell communication.
At Altaire, we utilize a combination of the above therapies to help you achieve your desired results. Contact us today to schedule your medical consult.
After images were taken 3 months after only one round of Decellularized Growth Factors.
*Please keep in mind that every patient is unique and your results for each treatment may vary.
Hair Restoration Frequently Asked Questions:
A patient’s blood is drawn in clinic and then spun down to get the PRP. The PRP is then injected, with very small needles, in the desired area of hair loss. A quick massage of the treated areas ensures adequate coverage. If exosomes are added to the treatment, they will be injected alongside the PRP.
The procedure can be uncomfortable. Altaire utilizes topical numbing to help ease the pain. The option for Pro-nox (nitrous) is also available if additional pain control is requested.
This procedure takes approximately 30 minutes to ensure adequate time for numbing.
No, a person may go back to normal activities immediately after the procedure.
It will take 3-5 months to notice the results of the PRP and/or Decellularized Growth Factors. Hair takes time to grow.
Typically, it is recommended to do 3-5 treatments, spaced one month apart for PRP. Decellularized Growth Factors are recommended to do an initial treatment with 1-2 follow up treatments at 3-6 months apart. Maintenance may be needed in the future for both PRP with or without Decellularized Growth Factors, especially if there are hormone changes.
Biotin is an OTC supplement that is recommended to help with hair growth. Other prescriptive options are available from your Altaire provider to help stop the hair loss and help enhance the growth. Ask your Altaire provider today to get started.