Hair loss is common among both men and women. For men, hair loss can begin as soon as their early 20s. Hormone changes and aging can cause minor to significant hair loss. PRP (platelet-rich plasma) is a state-of-the-art, nonsurgical, alternative medical procedure that treats hair loss or hair thinning. PRP yields naturally beautiful and, above all, touchable results.
Altaire Clinic has broken it down to the only 6 research-based approaches that work. However, even these have variable results. Aside from hair transplants, a multidimensional approach has proven to be most effective.
- Propecia (Finasteride): A prescription pill that can prevent hair loss by blocking the negative hair affect.
- Rogaine (Minoxidil): A topical application that is used to thicken the hair and slow down its shedding time.
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Injections: Stimulates and regulates replication (mitogenic effects) of growth factors to grow new hair.
- Laser: A red light is used to stimulate growth by reducing inflammation.
- Minoxidil/Latanoprost Solution/Foam: Newest compound using a mix of generic Rogaine and Latisse. Most are familiar with Latisse and its indication for eyelashes and eyebrows to darken, thicken, and lengthen the hair.
- Hair Transplants: Hair grafting has been the “gold standard” in scalp hair density correction via replacing testosterone sensitive hairs with insensitive hairs harvested typically from the back of head.
At Altaire, we utilize a combination of the above therapies to help you achieve your desired results.
*Please keep in mind that every patient is unique and your results for each treatment may vary.
PRP Hair Restoration Frequently Asked Questions:
A patient’s blood is drawn in clinic and then spun down to get the PRP. The PRP is then injected, with very small needles, in the desired area of hair loss. A quick massage of the treated areas ensures adequate coverage.
The procedure can be uncomfortable. Altaire utilizes topical numbing to help ease the pain. The option for Pro-nox (nitrous) is also available if additional pain control is requested.
This procedure takes approximately 30 minutes to ensure adequate time for numbing.
No, a person may go back to normal activities immediately after the procedure.
It will take 3-5 months to notice the results of the PRP injections. Hair takes time to grow.
Typically, it is recommended to do 3-5 treatments, spaced one month apart. Maintenance may be needed in the future, especially if there are hormone changes.
Biotin is an OTC supplement that is recommended to help with hair growth. Other prescriptive options are available from your Altaire provider to help stop the hair loss and help enhance the growth. Ask your Altaire provider today to get started.