Hair Restoration Treatments in Fargo
Hair loss is common among both men and women. For men, hair loss can begin as soon as their early 20s. Hormone changes and aging can cause minor to significant hair loss. Due to popular demand, research is constantly changing to bring you the best treatments available.
How Is Hair Loss Treated?
At Altaire Clinic, we have broken it down to the 7 research-based approaches that work. However, even these have variable results. Aside from hair transplants, a multidimensional approach has proven to be most effective.
- Propecia (Finasteride): A prescription pill that can prevent hair loss by blocking the negative hair affect.
- Rogaine (Minoxidil): A topical application that is used to thicken the hair and slow down its shedding time.
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Injections: Stimulates and regulates replication (mitogenic effects) of growth factors to grow new hair.
- Laser: A red light is used to stimulate growth by reducing inflammation.
- Minoxidil/Latanoprost Solution/Foam: Newest compound using a mix of generic Rogaine and Latisse. Most are familiar with Latisse and its indication for eyelashes and eyebrows to darken, thicken, and lengthen the hair.
- Hair Transplants (not available at Altaire): Hair grafting has been the “gold standard” in scalp hair density correction via replacing testosterone sensitive hairs with insensitive hairs harvested typically from the back of head.
- Decellularized Growth Factors and Cytokines: This is the newest to market and is considered investigational. EV-PURE is a decellularized product consisting of nano-sized micropods containing growth factors, cytokines and nucleic acids secreted from the membranes of placental derived Medicinal Signaling Cells. The natural components in this product support healthy cell-cell communication.
Associations & Awards
I love the warm, friendly atmosphere. The staff are so welcoming and knowledgeable!
– Ali M.
Amazing place to work!! I would highly recommend this clinic!!
– Tiffany S.
They provide you with the best experience and educate you all the way! Best experience!
– Heather M.
Love the staff and the results! Not pushy with trying their products or services, they genuinely care and want you the customer to be happy.
– Ashley P.
Everything about Altaire Is top notch—the professionalism, staff, services, beautiful facility, ‘state of art’ equipment and technology...Rick is amazing, genuine and knowledgeable!
– Pat B.
I love all of the people in this place! They are so kind and informative and are the best at answering any questions you might have. I highly recommend Altaire Clinic.
– Alice K.
I had a great experience at Altaire. The staff was kind, helpful, and great to work with. I will continue to go back. I would recommend Altaire to anyone.
– Michael L.
From the moment I walked in, I felt so welcome! Rich was an absolute gem and made me feel so comfortable with the procedure I had done! Definitely will be going back!!
– Samantha C.
The best service i have ever received. Felt at home from the moment i walked in. Friendly and professional. Would definitely recommend Altaire to anyone
– Ernst L.
Have had several great experiences at Altaire. Staff is full of friendly knowledgeable people and the quality of products and services is top notch.
– Eric G.
Common Questions About Hair Restoration
What Happens During the Procedure?
A patient’s blood is drawn in clinic and then spun down to get the PRP. The PRP is then injected, with very small needles, in the desired area of hair loss. A quick massage of the treated areas ensures adequate coverage. If exosomes are added to the treatment, they will be injected alongside the PRP.
Does It Hurt?
The procedure can be uncomfortable. Altaire utilizes topical numbing to help ease the pain. The option for Pro-nox (nitrous) is also available if additional pain control is requested.
How Long Does It Take?
This procedure takes approximately 30 minutes to ensure adequate time for numbing.
Is There Any Downtime?
No, a person may go back to normal activities immediately after the procedure.
How Quickly Will I Notice My Results?
It will take 3-5 months to notice the results of the PRP and/or Decellularized Growth Factors. Hair takes time to grow.
How Many Treatments Do I Need?
Typically, it is recommended to do 3-5 treatments, spaced one month apart for PRP. Decellularized Growth Factors are recommended to do an initial treatment with 1-2 follow up treatments at 3-6 months apart. Maintenance may be needed in the future for both PRP with or without Decellularized Growth Factors, especially if there are hormone changes.
What Can I Do At Home In Between Treatments?
Biotin is an OTC supplement that is recommended to help with hair growth. Other prescriptive options are available from your Altaire provider to help stop the hair loss and help enhance the growth. Ask your Altaire provider today to get started.
We encourage you to book a consultation, so one of our providers can personally discuss your needs and recommend the procedures best suited to your lifestyle. Contact us by phone or use the convenient form below so you can reach your ultimate health, wellness, & beauty goals.